Skip to main content
  • Updated

Meeting via Zoom on Wednesday, June 10, the Essex City Council discussed and set a public hearing at the next regular meeting on July 8 on the…

• Updated

The Essex School Board appointed Lori Racine as a new school board member at a special meeting on June 12. Racine was one of two applicants wh…

• Updated

The Essex Community Club (ECC) will be kicking off their 2019 Membership drive soon. Anyone is welcome to become a member of ECC. Individual m…

• Updated

Former Fremont County Sheriff's Deputy Steven Mather is scheduled for a hearing in the Fremont County District Court on Jan. 24 to answer to t…

• Updated

Riding the coattails of the new VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Community Based Outpatient Clinic coming to Shenandoah, the Veterans Houses Project i…

• Updated

The Iowa State Patrol reports a fatality crash occurred in Clarinda at 8:33 a.m. on Jan. 4, 2019.

• Updated

I was very disappointed in your selection for person of the year. I think that the past city administrator was a paid ‘public servant’. That p…

• Updated

On Dec. 31, 2018, Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Mike Naig highlighted passage of dedicated, long-term water quality funding, a challenging tra…

• Updated

The following two paragraphs from a July 2010 Herald-Journal story could easily be called the first step in what has turned out to be a more-t…

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics